Hokyoung Ryu Professor
사용자심리 중심 혁신 프로세스 설계
뇌과학, 감성, 인간의사결정연구의 기술경영적용
연락처 : 02-2220-0474
전공 및 연구분야 / Major & Research
- Cognitive Information Design (CID)
- New Product/Service Development (NPD)
- Learning Technology (LT) and Game-based Learning (Serious Games)
- HCI related problem-solving (Medical HCI/ Arts & Technology)
담당과목 / Subjects in Charge
- 기술과 심리
- 행동경제학과 R&D의사결정론
학력 / Level of Education
- - 2004 : University of York(U.K) 심리학 박사
- - 1999 : 한국과학기술원(KAIST) 산업공학과 석사
- - 1997 : 한양대 산업공학과 학사
경력 / Career
- 2011 - 현재 : 한양대학교 기술경영전문대학원 교수
- 2016. 8 - 현재 : LINC/LINC+사업단 부단장
- 2004 - 2011 : Massey University (Tenured Professor)
PUBLICATIONS / For the latest and details, please access to hci.hanyang.ac.kr
- Ryu, H., Kim, J., Monk, A. (submitting). Less is more or the more the better? Reasonable suspicion over extra security measures in online banking
- Lee, A., Ryu, H., Kim, J. (submitting). Remembrance of things past? A user modeling on subgoal construction, elimination and working memory failure in cyclic interaction
- Lee, J., Ryu, H. (submitting). Informance: An emphatic participatory design method
- Bosogi, M. Kim, N., Shin, D., Ryu, H. (submitted). Probabilistic affordance-based agent modelling and simulation in emergency evacuation, Safety Science
- Ryu, H., Shin, D., Kim, N. (submitted) An affordance-based model of human action selection in a Human-Machine Interaction system with cognitive interpretations, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction
- Peterson, S., Ryu, H. (2015). Gamification in concept design: Applying market mechanisms to enhance innovation and predict concept performance, Journal of Design, Business & Society
- Kim, J., Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2014). ‘Heart-to-Feel’: A New Audio Description Coding Scheme for the Visually Impaired on Affective Cinematography and Emotive Vibration, ACM TVX (TV eXperience), BBC Grand Competition - The Grand Prize Winner
- Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2014). A Design Thinking Rationality Framework: Framing and Solving Design Problems in Early Concepts Generation, Human-Computer Interaction, 29(5-6),516-553
- Petersen, S., Ryu, H. (2014). Gamification in concept design, International Design Week (Melbourne)
- Lee, J., Ryu, H. (2014). I Remember What I Saw in Your TV: A False ‘Belief’ Technique to Feature Selection, ACM-CHI (Toronto), WIP
- Kim, J., Wang, R., Katuk, L., Ryu, H. (2014). Enhancing competence and autonomy in computer-based instruction using a skill-challenge balancing strategy, Journal of Educational Computing Research, 50(1), 1-28
- Seo, K. Kim, J., Lee, J., Ryu, H. (2013) Serious games for stroke patients: Attending to clinical staff's voices, IASDR (International Congress of International Association of Societies of Design Research) 2013.
- Shin, D., Ryu, H., Kim, N., Kim J. (2013) Modelling of a human decision-making with Prospect theory, HCI International 2013.
- Busodi, M., Kim, N., Shin, D., Ryu, H. (2013) Bayesian-Affordance agent model for wayfinding behaviors in evacuation simulation, HCI International 2013.
- Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2013). Personality and Its effects on Learning Performance: Design guidelines for an Adaptive E-learning system on the user model, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 43, 450-461
- Kim, J. Ryu, H. (2013). To be biased or not to be: Choosing between design fixation and design intentionality, ACM Computer-Human Interaction 2013.
- Al-dujaily, A., Ryu, H. (2013). Am I extravert or introvert? Guiding on personality traits in adaptive computer-based education, Journal of Educational Technology and Society, 16(3), 14-27
- Kim. H, Lee, A., Kim, J. Ryu, H. (2012). A model for predicting responses in an emergency task: An empirical account of memory decay, Conference on Korean Industrial Engineering, Kyungju, Korea
- Lee. J, Seo, K., Yang, H., Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2012). A cognitive model for predicting human errors: What to choose in two competing task knowledge, Conference on Korean Industrial Engineering, Kyungju, Korea
- Parsons, D. Petrova, K., Ryu, H., Lee, H. (submitted),Cooperation begins: Mobile and blended learning for critical thinking skills, Computers & Education
- Seo, K., Ryu, H. (2014). Autonomy-based Rehabilitation Design: Balancing Capability and Complexity, ACM-CHI (Toronto) Student Research Competition,
- Lee, D., Ryu, H. (2013), Learner acceptance of a multi-media based learning system, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction
- Ryu, H., Parsons, D. (2012), Risky business or sharing the load? Social flow in collaborative learning, Computers & Education, 58(2), 707-720.
- Choi, Y., Song, K., Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2012), Mobile 'SqueeView': Caring for the elderly with mobile learning, MLearn 2012.
- Petrova, K., Parsons, D., Ryu, H. (2012), "Mobile Gaming: A Serious Business!", IEEE WMUTE 2012
- Seo,K., Lee, J., Ryu, H. (2012), A serious game design framework with flow learning, HCI Korea 2012 (in Korean)
- Choi, Y., Cha, J., Ryu, H. (2012). SqueeView for improving spatial cognition, HCI Korea 2012 (in Korean)
- Lee., A., Song, C., Ryu, H. (2012). Games and Aggression, HCI Korea 2012 (in Korean)
- Yang, H., Lee., J., Ryu, H. (2012). Context-based learning experience in serious games design, HCI Korea 2012 (in Korean)
- Cho, S., Jang, S., Ryu, H. (submitting), Computerized Manual Muscle Test (MMT) system using shoulder abduction motion in hemiplegic patients: A preliminary study, Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation
- Seo, K., Ryu, H. (submitting). IADL-VR: Virtual Reality Tasks Design for Early Dementia Screening, CHI2015
- Jeong, E., Ryu, H. (submitted). New Encounter with Evacuation Solution: Music Affordance for Auditory Direction Guidance, Environment & Behavior
- Ryu, H., Lee, D., (submitted). Psycho-Social Predictors of Behavioral Intention to Engage in Online Aggression and Subsequent Behavior: An Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction
- Lee, A., Ryu, H., Kim, J. (third round revision). Fingerstroke time estimates for touchscreen-based mobile gaming interaction, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics
- Seo, K., Ryu, H., Kim, J. (2015). Design Requirements for PT-tv (Play Therapy with TV): An Observational Study on Play Therapy and TV Viewing, ACM TVX2015
- Shin, J., Jang, S., Ryu, H. (2014), A task-specific interactive game-based virtual reality rehabilitation system for stroke patients: A usability test and two clinical experiments, Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation, 11 (32)
- Lee, N., Lee, W., Ryu, H. (2014). A shape-changing robot in stroke rehabilitation, ACM-DIS 2014
- Kim, S., J. Kim, Ryu, H. (2014). High Visibility or Quiet Operation? A Statistical Interence Model of Wiper Operation Quality on Multi-modal Perception, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 44(4), 482-492.
- Petersen, S., Ryu, H. (2013). Design Criteria and Their Coupling in Concept Synthesis, DesignEd Asia, Hongkong, 03.12-05.12. 2013.
- Song, K., Lee, A., Ryu, H. (2013). The Fingerstroke-Level Model strikes back: A modified Keystroke-Level Model in developing a gaming UI for 4G networks, ACM Computer-Human Interaction 2013.
- Kim, J., Bouchard, C. Ryu, H. (2012) Emotion find a way to users from designers: Assessing product images to convey designer's emotion, International Journal of Design Research, 10(4), 307 - 323
- Katuk, L., Kim, J., Ryu, H. (2013) Experience beyond knowledge: Pragmatic e-learning systems design with learning experience, Computers in Human Behavior, 29, 747-758.
- Ryu, H. (2009) Mobile User Interface Analysis and Design: A Practitioner's Guide to Designing User Interface for Mobile Devices (ISBN: 978-1-60692-903-2)
- Ryu, H., Parsons, D. (2008) Innovative Mobile Learning: Techniques and Technologies (ISBN: 978-1-60566-062-2)
- Lee, A., Kim, J., Ryu, H. (in press) Exploring the Potentials of Mobile Social Networking in Supporting Stroke Patients, Mobile Learning: The Next Generation
- Seo, K., Kim, J., Ryu, H., Jang, S. (2014) RehabMaster: A pervasive rehabilitation platform for stroke patients and their caregivers, Pervasive Health: State-of-the-Art and Beyond
- Lee, A., Ryu, H. (2013) Social vs. Individual Flow in M-Learning. Handbook of Mobile Learning
- Ryu, H. (2009) Designing Situated Learning Experiences
- Ryu, H., Parsons, P. (2009) Designing Learning Activities with Mobile Technologies
- Ryu, H., Parsons, P. (2009) Recommended Reading List for Mobile Learning
- Whitworth, B. Ryu, H. (2009) Comparing Human and Computer Processing: Implications for Information Systems
- Ryu, H. (2007) Making Sense of Web Usability for Not-for-Profit Organisation
- Ryu, H. (2007) Walkthroughs in Web Usability: Cognitive, Activity, and Heuristic Walkthrough
기타 / Others
2011 ~ 현재 International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning 부편집장